God-Ventures in Romania



Romanian Pastor Viorel Pasca and his wife, Simona, were watching TV via tin-foil rabbit ears when a story about the plight of homeless elderly people caught their attention.  Images of these displaced elderly, shivering on the streets of Oradea, captured their hearts. No doubt most people watching that newscast shook their heads and thought, “That’s so sad.”

But Pastor Viroel and Simona are not “most people.”  They traveled to Oradea. They saw dozens of elderly people living under bridges and in doorways. But they did not offer them food, or clothing, or even a prayer.

They brought them home. And then they moved into an aging camper to accommodate the cots that were set up for the new residents of their humble house.

That was 2006.  Today 65 formerly homeless elderly men and women are living in several makeshift nursing homes under Pastor Viorel’s watchful eye.   Members of his church volunteer to help care for their medical, physical and spiritual needs.

And those needs are great. 

When Pastor Viorel called his friend Andy Baker, President of Remember-the-Children, Andy and his mission organization immediately became involved. However, with limited staff, there has not been a consistent flow of energy and resources.

But that is changing.

I worked with Andy on staff at a church in the 1980’s, and had recently been praying about my next “God-venture.” For several months, Andy and I had been talking about the possibility of me serving with Remember-the-Children, focusing on the elderly in need.

When my position was recently eliminated at the Assisted Living where I worked, it was confirmation that “when one door closes, another opens.” 

I am walking through that door in faith.  I’m in the process of raising financial support so I can fully devote my energies towards the newly named Elder Orphan Care program. 

But I can’t do it alone, nor would I want to! 

Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me?  Here’s how:

·      Invite me to speak at your church, group, or club.

·      Invest in eternity by supporting my “God-Venture” financially. *

·      Use your skills and share your faith on a trip to Romania.

·      Donate needed items (medical supplies and equipment, blankets, etc.) to our quarterly “Collection Connection.”

·      Give towards a specific project (construction, training, Bibles, etc).

·      Pray!

Who could have imagined the outcome of one couple’s response to a single newscast?  Lives have been saved, hopelessness has turned to rejoicing, and the Kingdom of God has increased.

Can you imagine what God will do as we partner together?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kim Jackson
* To securely invest in my "God-Venture," click here. Please put "Kim Jackson" in the comment box. God bless you BIG time!

“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world” (James 1:27 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...