Here are just a few of many highlights:
- An amazing trip to Romania in July to see first-hand the wonderful work Viorel & Florica Pasca and their helpers are doing with the homeless elderly.
- A growing state-side team who are enthused about Elder Orphan Care and are creatively raising funds, donations and awareness.
- An awesome accountability team who pray, plan, listen, serve, advise, and dream big dreams with me!
- A special prayer warrior who is consistently praying over photographs of the elderly being cared for in Dumbrava.
- A truck of donated wish-list items and Christmas Shoeboxes for the Elderly driven to Baltimore and loaded on a container now bound for Romania.
- A successful fundraiser, netting $425 for the washing machine fund--and then through the generosity of others, we hit our goal of $500!
- A third of my salary/support has been generously pledged, and many others have given much needed one-time gifts!
And "highlights in the making":
- A second trip to Romania October 7th to continue building relationships, serve alongside Viorel and his helpers, and pray over and plan strategies to accomplish short and long-term goals.
- An opportunity for Occupational Therapist and dear friend, Janna Syester, to travel with me to Romania to experience the opportunities and challenges of Elder Orphan Care as well as to share her medical expertise (and joy of the Lord :)
- A day at the end of our trip with friends Gail & Michael Purath, who serve as missionaries in Budapest, Hungary.
Your prayers are needed and appreciated as we fly from Charlotte to Munich on Friday, October 7th, then to Budapest, and then by van to Oradea, Romania, which will serve as our home base for this adventure. I will keep you updated as I am able.
As you can see, it's hard to keep up with God's goodness! Thank You, God, and thank you all who are reading this--my heart is overflowing with gratitude....
"Your marvelous doings are headline news;I could write a book full of the details of your greatness.
The fame of your goodness spreads across the country..."
(from Psalm 145, The Message)
Love in the Lord,
Thank you all (and in this case, my home church, Crossroads),
for believing in a God who can use the likes of me to make much of HIM!