Georgeta's Joy

Georgeta makes me smile every time I visit her in Tinca, Romania, where she lives in the “Glory Wing,” a place that twelve formerly homeless elderly now call home. 

When I saw her there in April, 2013, our team was able to fix her glasses….and her gratitude made us all smile.



When I visited her that year in July she wanted a photograph taken with me and her bouquet of flowers. And I smiled. 



But when we were together in December, Georgeta made me cry…for joy. 

She saw me before I saw her. She ran to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me to her room, excitedly pointing to a piece of paper taped above her bed. Her certificate of baptism! 



Georgeta flung herself in to my arms, overcome with emotion.



When she was able to speak she described her baptism day: “I was dressed in white. The minister put me down in the water…” 



More tears. Mine mixed with hers. Who wouldn’t cry for joy over such news? Georgeta has become a child of God at 70 years of age! Now she not only has a home on earth, but a Home in Heaven! 
Elder Orphan Care, Heaven, homeless elderly, baptism, new life in Christ

“…there is joy in the presence of the angels of God when one sinner repents” (Luke 15:10).

2 comments:

  1. Wow dee wow and Amen! Love what God is doing through you and others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement, Gail....it means so much! Isn't God amazing? I'm so grateful that He put me on this adventure! To God be the glory!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...