One Glove or Two?

   “One bright, frozen day in downtown Atlanta, I stood outside a soup kitchen as a line of homeless and hungry people gathered. My husband and I had come to help serve the noon meal. As I neared the door, I noticed a woman wearing a thin coat, a ski cap, and one glove. She clasped her cold, unprotected hand in her gloved hand, trying to rub some warmth into it. 
‘I see you lost a glove,’ I said to her. 
‘No,’ she replied, smiling. ‘I found a glove.’” (Sue Monk Kidd)


Our Winter Wear Round Up is going full steam. Our prayer is that through your generous donations, Elder Orphan Care can help some of the many needy or homeless elderly in Romania have two gloves, and more...

We collect winter wear items YEAR ‘ROUND but since stores are offering HUGE DISCOUNTS on winter wear RIGHT NOW, it’s a GREAT TIME TO SHOP! 

I'm so grateful for the donations we’ve received so far, including these:

Gloria (my friend in New Mexico!) ordered an amazing amount of gloves, hats and scarves online at Kohls and had her purchases sent directly to me in North Carolina.


Sweet Monica (of Romanian descent, living in Florida now) donated the coat I'm modeling and other wonderful winter wear items when I spoke last month at a Bible Study she attends! 




Cathi, another dear Florida friend, donated several beautiful and warm sweaters that once graced her beloved mother. 




Tracie, a lovely local friend, handed me a bag full of these colorful hats and gloves last week in church. 


Here’s how YOU can help! 

  • Donate money and I’ll do the shopping! Click HERE to donate. Please put EOC Winter Wear in the comments box. 
  • Shop online and have your purchases sent to Kim Jackson, 111 Mary Circle, Concord, NC 28025 
  • If you live in the Concord, NC, area, shop locally and then contact me via email at kimagine320(at)gmail.com for pick up
  • Hold an EOC Winter Wear Round Up at your church or club. 
  • What’s YOUR idea? 

Thank you and God bless you BIG!

Grateful to have two gloves, 
Kim 
P.S. If you’re in the Concord, NC, area, be sure to visit us at Sweet Frog on the 17th! Eat yummy yogurt and help our GO RO team get to Romania in April! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...