Today—Thursday, April 4, 2013—has been a significant day on the calendar for Team GO RO since last November. Our prayers and preparations have been focused on that day for months and months. And now “that day” is TODAY!
The faithfulness of God and His people has been overwhelming: We not only raised our needed trip funds, we were able to send $3000 “overflow” to Pastor Viorel! The timing is perfect (no surprise there): he is expanding in Rapa, Romania,
so that even more homeless can be rescued and loved. YOUR cheerful giving made this happen!
|Janna, Kim, Lisa, Tammy, Patti, Ann|
We are prepared but flexible! Here are some of the things we hope to do:
- Help Pastor Viorel and Nurse Crini in whatever ways are needed. Pray and plan strategies for ongoing partnership.
- Do “sight enhancement exams” using I-Tec’s I-See kit.
- “Love on” the elderly and frail by giving hand massages, praying, enjoying bananas & biscuits together, cleaning wheelchairs & walkers, doing puzzles and crafts, reading Scripture, and distributing framed photos that were taken of them on previous trips. And whatever else the Spirit of God leads us to do!
- Worship at Impact Church and share through testimony, crafts, food and fellowship at Tetchea Church with Dorin, Dorina and David Popa.
- Encourage the women and staff at Beauty from Ashes. We will enjoy a meal with them Wednesday evening, share a devotion, and create t-shirt scarves with the seven young women living there.
- Visit Sunflower Design on the campus of Caminul Felix, and bless the workers there.
- Join Viorel's son, Emmanuel, and his college friends, who feed the homeless in Oradea each week.
- Partner with Palmer Gregg & "Storytellers" as they film what God is doing through Remember the Children and Elder Orphan Care.
If you’d like to follow our adventure, you can view daily updates on the Elder Orphan Care facebook page. Friend Gail Purath will be helping me by posting updates to this blog as well.
|Kim and prayer partner, Emily|
Team GO RO:
Kim, Janna, Ann, Lisa, Tammy & Patti