YOU Can Help

  Thank you for asking "How can I help?" Here are two"time-sensitive" ideas to consider:
  • Financial Gifts:  I am stepping out in faith to serve on staff with Elder Orphan Care, under the ministry umbrella of Remember-the-Children.  My salary will be comprised of donations given by family, friends, businesses and churches. If you feel led to help financially, you can give a single or monthly gift by clicking on this secure link. Please put "Kim Jackson" in the comment box. Thank you for partnering in this way!
  • Toiletry Items:  When I travel to Romania July 9th I plan to take a gift to each of the 65 "elder orphans" (formerly homeless elderly who now live in make-shift nursing homes).  Andy Baker, President of Remember-the-Children, (and my friend and boss :), says that a bag of toiletry items for each resident would be appropriate.  Below is the list of items I'm collecting.  If you can donate any of these items, or the funds to purchase them, please email me at kimjackson@rememberthechildren.org   I'm excited that the Crossroads Sew & Sow group is making bags for these items. The bags are both beautiful and sturdy (see photo below). THANK YOU Sew & Sow friends!
    Items Needed (*denotes travel size): Toothpaste* toothbrush with case, lotion*, hand sanitizer*, small bar soap, shampoo*, deodorant*, comb, emery board, small tissue pack, lip balm, sugar-free candy (individually-wrapped). Many of these items can be purchased in multi-packs at a "dollar store."  



    I am so grateFULL for your partnership on this adventure.
    Kim

    1 comment:

    1. Kim,
      You are an amazing woman. I am so proud of you for stepping out in faith on this journey to help the elderly in Romania. I can see God at work in each step of your journey. I know he will bless this effort and the people in Romania are so fortunate to have you care for them.
      Many blessings,
      Ann

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...