Romania Bound and Blessings Galore!

I am Romania bound November 30th! I fly from Charlotte to Toronto, to Frankfurt to Budapest, Hungary. There I'll meet up with a team consisting of a few old friends and many new ones. We’ll travel by van to Oradea, Romania, which will serve as home base for our two-week adventure. 


The "Glory Wing" in Tinca, Romania
Purpose of Trip: Elder Orphan Care is just one ministry of Remember-the-Children, so on this trip I have the privilege of serving alongside others to share God’s love in several Gypsy villages, at Beauty for Ashes and Caminul Felix, in recently re-opened orphanages, as well as with the rescued elderly in Dumbrava & Tinca. We will be distributing Christmas shoebox gifts, winter wear, and a variety of other supplies and gifts that many of you donated! AND I will get to see with my own eyes the Glory Wing that your $10,000 in 2 Weeks Giving made possible. Hooray and Hallelujah! 


Please join me in praying to God for: 

Nurse Crini helping Romanian homeless last winter
Travel mercies, awareness of divine appointments along the way, good health, the joy of the Lord, and that all the “receivers” will know that GOD is the Ultimate Giver! Please pray for Pastor Viorel and Florica, nurse Crini, and for all our Romanian friends who faithfully serve there.


Please join me in praising God for these blessings: 

The sea container arrived and the contents are awaiting us at the warehouse. 


Benjamin Parks and mom, Adrienne, at ICOM
The International Conference on Missions in Indianapolis was amazing, and I’m excited to see how God will work through the many wonderful connections made there. 

BIG thanks to Erica Altenhofen for her generosity in donating a percentage of her commission from the Thirty One online fundraiser. That fundraiser has ended, but you can still shop to benefit EOC through our Blessings Unlimited Fundraiser that ends December 14. SO grateful for Renee Williams, who is donating a percentage of her commission to EOC! All purchases made through this link: Blessings Unlimited will be shipped directly to you in time for Christmas.  

Debbie Lamm, choir director at Harrisburg's Carolina International School, has chosen Elder Orphan Care to benefit from a blanket collection her 6th grade chorus students are doing which will culminate at their concert, December 17, 6 p.m., Building 20. Grateful! 


Maddie (far left) with her also amazing sisters
My 10-year-friend, Maddie, writes a blog called “Maddie’s Missionary Adventures” and guess who she wrote about recently? Thank you, Maddie, for spreading the word about EOC! Read her post HERE 

Speaking of blogs, Wow Dee Wow, my personal blog, recently launched. To enjoy a weekly B.O.G. (Brag On God) Blog, click HERE 


Cheryl Hawley, Janna Syester and me
Several new folks have donated towards my support as an advocate for the homeless elderly in Romania. God bless you! Special thanks to my ministry partners, Cheryl Hawley and Janna Syester, for their ongoing encouragement and especially for their recent focus on helping generate my salary funding.

Related prayer requests: Please pray that others will become monthly supporters or make donations so I can be fully funded! 

Remember you can make secure, tax-deductible, online donations by clicking HERE. Be sure to designate your gift accordingly. Thank you!


Bonnie the Christmas Car has provided transportation and stories for nearly a year. I am grateful! However, Bonnie is having more and more mechanical issues and I've been advised it might be time to quit spending money on repairs. Would you please join me in praying about what God might have in mind for my next vehicle? 


GO RO Team will serve in Romania April 4 – 13, 2013! Janna Syester and I are leading this Go-to-Romania Team (GO RO), with these amazing team members: Lisa Albinus, Patti Wesley, Ann Wayne and Tammy Blackburn. We’ve already begun meeting for prayer, training, team building and encouragement. Pray for us! 

I am so grateful for each of you reading this—for your prayers, support, friendship, encouragement, donations, and partnership in the EOC Adventure! 


May God bless you abundantly….and then some! 

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...